Efforts Towards Green India – Environment & Ecology
Environment refers to the physical and social conditions in which people live whereas Ecology is defined as the study of interactions among organisms and their environment. The study of the ever-changing environment and ecology has become necessary. This book on Environment and Ecology is a complete book covering the basic concepts of Environmental Ecology, Biodiversity, Climate Change, and Sustainable Development which are included in the Civil Services Examination conducted by the Union Public Service Commission (UPSC). The book also covers major global issues such as Deforestation, Pollution, Energy, Climate Change, Global Warming, Sustainability, etc.
The book has been divided into 11 Chapters namely Environment, Ecology, Ecosystem and Its Function, Environment Pollution, Biodiversity, Conservation of Biodiversity and Management, Climate Change, Climate Change Conference and Convention, Environmental Planning and Management, Sustainable Development and Disaster Management. Environment Glossary containing a large number of terms has been given at the end along with Practice Papers for revision and self-analysis. This book is equally useful for State PCS and other competitive examinations.
Main Features of the Book:
- Chapter-wise comprehensive coverage in point cum para format
- Important facts are given in the form of the box within the chapter
- Proper usage of charts and tables for better knowledge
- Chapter-wise significant questions for revision of facts
- Terminology at the end of the book for better understanding
- Inclusion of five practice sets for more practice